Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 - Abstract flower



I confess I have my issues with abstract art. I don't have enough knowledge to appreciate it and my brain keeps trying to figure out what am I looking at.
Persistently, I keep trying to photograph a little bit of abstract, playing with color or textures. This way I force myself to explore areas where I know I am not strong, and just push harder to have fun no matter what.
The flowers Mariah gave me will be one month old tomorrow and they are still alive and well in the vase on the table. I got really close this time, with a 100mm fixed macro lens to capture how delicate and how soft is the texture of the flower now.
I decided to treat it as a monochromatic, in a warm, almost sepia like tone.

ISO 3200
Shutter speed: 1/30
Aperture: f/2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment